Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Greens in April!


Evidence of spinach in April! My spinach and arugula, which were planted in March have sprouted and are currently about 2" tall. If this trend continues, we will have fresh greens ready to eat before Victoria day. Un.believe.able. I'm going to start beans this week under glass. On the negative side, it appears that my currant scions are no longer living. They still exhibit a bit of green in the bud, but they have not sprouted, unlike the mother plant which is nearby. We'll see about this as the days go on.
Here's to an early start!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this looks really good

KenAndClaire said...

Awesome. I didn't know you had a gardening journel, but I like it.

This spring will be my first foray into vegetable gardening, and I am excited. Planting this weekend, I hope!